- FOD-Free Design: No tangs to break off, retrieve or lose.
- NASM8846, NAS1130, and NA0276 Certified.
- Cost Reduction: Decreased installation and inspection time.
- Bi-Directional Design: No insert orientation requirements.
- Quick, Non-destructive Removal: No damage to the parent material.
- More on Tangless Inserts
- Lower pricing than HeliCoil and Recoil inserts.
- Complete range of unified and metric sizes, locking and non-locking, bulk and strip-feed.
- Meets or exceeds all applicable military, aerospace, and commercial standards (MS and MA Certified).
- Exact cross reference to HeliCoil Inserts and Recoil Inserts.
- More on CoilThread (Helical Inserts)
All KATO CoilThread tools are compatible with HeliCoil, Recoil, and Boellhoff inserts!
KATO Fastening Systems, Inc. (KATO) was established in 1997 to serve the North American fastener market. KATO manufactures the revolutionary Tangless®
CoilThread Insert, standard CoilThread (tanged) inserts, Hexatorq (constant torque precision hinges), and Inserts Collars (compression limiters).
KATO Tangless Inserts are identical, in form, fit, and function to conventional tanged inserts (CoilThread, Helicoil Inserts, Recoil Inserts). In fact, Tangless
CoilThread Inserts are identical to tanged inserts in everyway expect for their method of installation & removal. KATO Tangless inserts even have the same procurement
specification (NASM8846 for unified sizes and MA1565 for metric sizes) as tanged inserts. KATO Tangless inserts eliminate tang break-off and retrieval, are easily adjusted after
installation, and offer non-destructive removal. In addition, Tangless HeliCoil Inserts and Recoil Tangless Inserts are manufactured under license from KATO!